Monday, April 30, 2012

just done....

this is going to be a complete bitch fest...just an fyi :)

i woke up at 4:30am (mind you-i didn't fall asleep until after 2am) to HORRIBLE cramps...like i couldn't stand up straight horrible.  i literally laid on the couch and whimpered for 10-15 minutes before forcing myself to get up because i needed to go to the bathroom so bad.  for the next 2.5 hours i just laid on the couch and i felt like i was drifting in and out of consciousness...i was (and still am) SO TIRED.

when josh woke up for work i cried and basically begged him to put me out of my misery.  pathetic.  i finally fell asleep and woke up around 12 and called the clinic to ask them what i should do.  nothing helped and since i am on bed rest my options are limited!  i had an appointment with a nurse practitioner at 3pm so they had me come in early to do an NST just to be sure the twins were okay...which worried me! 

josh couldn't leave work so i cried the entire way to the clinic because even driving hurt...luckily the twins knocked it out of the ball park on their NST but it took everything i had in me not to burst into tears when the NP told me this was "par for the course" at this point in my twin pregnancy.  i never thought i could be so miserable :(

my back is killing me-Baby B is sitting on my sciatic (sp?) nerve and Baby A's head dropped even further so i feel like every time i stand up that he might just fall out.  they also both have various body parts up in my ribcage which makes lying down ZERO fun.  my blood pressure as usual is borderline high and with it now comes swelling and a headache!  to top it all off-im not dilated at all!!  i would find SOME comfort if all this suffering was actually doing "something"....i came home the same way i went...crying the whole way.  i took a few Tylenol (the first time i have taken ANYTHING this entire pregnancy) and passed out.  josh is out of his realm here...he doesn't know what to do and i don't know what i WANT him to do.

all this to say-i am SO SO SO thankful for this pregnancy and these two babies-i promise i am!  i think i am just so surprised with how miserable i feel....especially when up until this past week i have felt relatively good considering.

2 weeks...i CAN do this.  and then i will never do this again...i AM sure of that!


6 comments:

Two + Two said...

I came across your blog with the link up you did with Kelly's Korner :). I'm due with identical twin girls right about the time you are (36w1d today) and am so uncomfortable too. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but the first with multiples & I have to say this time it's SO much more difficult than my singletons were. Hang in there...it's SO worth it :)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I had my ID twin girls at 33 weeks/1 day and I honestly don't think I could have made it another day! I was measuring 48 weeks by then, my legs were so swollen they wouldn't bend, walking was impossible, and I struggled to breathe! But hang in there! You'll immediately realize how worth it the pain was when you hear that first cry (and feel instant relief!) Good luck! Sending prayers your way!

Heather said...

Girl! When your hubby gets home, get in the bath tub! Can you do that while on bed rest? If you can, try it...but wait until you have someone to help you in and out of the tub. It helped me TREMENDOUSLY in the last weeks. I was also fortunate to have a pool I could get into. I really contemplated sleeping in it!

Thanks for linking up! Looking forward to reading about your journey that is about to begin! :)

Amanda said...

Girl you are almost there! Hang in there! Thanks for joining the link up! Can't wait to hear more about your journey! Www.thewilkersonway.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming to link up!! We are so very excited about this and hope you come back each week!! Take it easy!! You are almost there!

Lindsay said...

I get you. I was so uncomfortable my whole pregnancy, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. The ONLY thing I miss about being pregnant is feeling them move inside me and I always felt like one was going to fall out also.